Eating vegetarian, and eating healthy can be tough when trying it out for the first time. It’s hard to know what to buy and everything can seem over complicated. This post shows our go-to items when shopping that we always have on hand. With these ingredients, quick and easy meals are always possible!
(*Pro tip: if purchased at a bulk food store, these ingredients are MUCH cheaper)
- Can be nice to have other grains on hand (Ex. buckwheat, millet)
- Whole oats
- Soba noodles (buckwheat pasta)
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chia seeds
- Flax seeds
- Coconut oil
- Cacao powder (to make delicious and healthy desserts)
I usually buy (rotate between any unsweetened plant based milk). Try to look at the ingredients to try to purchase the one with the least additives.
- Almond milk
- Cashew milk
- Coconut milk (nice to have when making curry)!
- Soy milk
- Natural Maple syrup or Honey (natural sweeteners)
- Almond butter
- Dry lentils
- Beans (black, red or white kidney usually)
Fruits & Veggies:
I always have tons of fruits and veggies depending on what kind of fun meal I’m making, however at the bare minimum I always have these on hand.
- Frozen veg
This way I can always make a morning smoothie and a snack to tide me over until the grocery store!